Robot Genius for LEGO Summer robot camp in Columbus, OH (Internship Opportunity)
This position is for Columbus, OH. Please only apply if you want to work in Columbus this summer.
Please include your email on the cover letter so we can set up an interview.
Please include a resume with the cover letter if you have it.
Compensation Competitive staring at $15 per hour and increasing to $18 and $20 per hour with experience and increased responsibilities.
Job Description: Robot Genius Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to):
• Classroom Mentor
o Robot Genius is a role model for the students who want to pursue a major that focuses on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math).
o While the majority of actual robotics-related instruction is provided by the Master Robot Genius and through video lecture, Robot Geniuses are expected to understand the material and to explain it to students who may not have understood the presentation
• Individual Mentoring of Students
o Help students to build with LEGO. Find students who are ‘stuck’ on a camp activity and help them to get back on track. This may involve helping students to think ‘outside the box’, or it may simply involve re-explaining robotics concepts from the lecture so that students understand.
o Demonstrate possible design ideas to students (to stimulate their imaginations) using Lego pieces or EV3 programming code o Refrain from actually completing the student’s work for them… it is important that students complete the activities themselves so that they feel a sense of accomplishment and technological proficiency
• Robot Academy Role Model to Robot Academy in a positive and professional way to students and parents
• Passion for teaching kids, age 4 to 14, about science and technology
• Ability to explain somewhat complicated ideas about technology in a simple manner
• Ability to demonstrate/explain ideas to students using Lego pieces and programming code without accidentally overstepping and completing activities for the students
• Enjoyment with working with ages 4-14
• Preferred Skill but not required: Experience with Lego Mindstorms EV3 parts and programming language
Please let us know availability for the following camps (you are not expected to work all the camps):
2021 Dates / Locations
• May 22-23 weekend camp to train new hires (1:30 to 4:30 pm)
• April 23 - May 21, Fridays in Westerville (1:30 to 3:30 pm)
• June 7-11 in Westerville 9:30 am to 4:30 pm camp
• June 14-18 Online camp
• June 21-25 in Dublin 9:30 to 4:30 camp
• June 28-July 2 in Upper Arlington 9:30 am to 4:30 pm camp
• July 8 in Grove City
• July 12-16 Online camp
• July 19-23 in Dublin 9:30 to 4:30 pm camp
• July 24-25 in Dublin 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
• July 26-30 in Westerville 9:30 to 4:30 pm camp