Social Program Specialist 2514-12
Social Program Specialist (2514-12)
Deadline to Apply:
April 13, 2021
Hamilton County Job and Family Services
222 East Central Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45202
80 Hours Bi-Weekly
$18.17 an hour
NOTE: Applicants for positions with Hamilton County Job and Family Services are subject to background screening in accordance with the document: Inventory of Criminal Offenses Ruling Out Consideration for Hire. Convictions from this list may disqualify a candidate for employment with HCJFS.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
· Undergraduate degree in social or behavioral science plus 12 months DHS experience
· Or undergraduate degree in non-related field plus 18 months DHS experience
· Or associates degree plus 24 months DHS experience
· Or equivalent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (*Indicates developed after employment)
Knowledge of: social or behavioral science (e.g., child and family community services, social work, sociology, psychology, criminology, penology, rehabilitation), agency, state and/or federal statutes, rules, regulations and procedures governing delivery of social programs specific to area of employment*; available community resources specific to area of employment*; social services policy and program planning and analysis; public relations; effective oral communication*; interviewing; employee and/or program participates and/or program recipients training.
Ability to: define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; proofread technical materials, recognize errors and make corrections; gather, collate and classify data; establish good rapport with program participants and/or program recipients; prepare and deliver speeches before specialized audiences; prepare and maintain meaningful, concise and accurate reports; learn and use a variety of computer & software systems (spreadsheets, databases, etc.) in the execution of the job.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Job Duties (Summary):
- Coordinates Children’s Services purchases and contracts with community providers for diverse case services including but not limited to: parenting skills, transportation, visitation, drug screens, nursing care, placement screenings, and kinship services. Acts as front-line contract liaison and trouble shooter for provider agencies and agency staff. Participates in operational meetings with providers. Reviews forms required for service authorization for accuracy and completeness. Processes service referrals and provides required information, payment authorization and forms to the contractor. Keeps staff up to date on changes in services by timely notification to supervisor of updates to the Desk Reference Guide including processes, forms and links. Assists staff in understanding services provided and appropriate utilization of services. Reviews billings from providers. Assists the provider and the Fiscal Department in resolving billing problems to assure proper payment to the provider. Tracks contract expenditures by funding source and budget. Reports monthly spending. Manages case service data entry as needed per service.
- Participates in managing specialized Children’s Services programs and projects; specialized data entry in SACWIS and Children’s Services record review and maintenance, as applicable. Acts as liaison for annual credit checks for youth in custody ages 16 and older; coordinates with Information Systems to interact with the three Major Credit Bureaus to request credit checks; receives electronic access to credit bureau files or requests hard copy credit checks as agreed upon per credit bureau; tracks compliance and distribution to caseworkers; assists caseworker with interpretation and correction of credit reports; monitors and tracks expenditures and approves invoices. Acts as the PCSA liaison regarding Children’s Services Abuse and Neglect clearance in SACWIS for Hamilton County court cutody investigations and licensed Child Care (providers ( household members, Emergency Substitute caregivers and employees), and for household and placement changes for children party to allegations of abuse and neglect. Responsible for the SACWIS clearance and review of the monthly data match review between Child Care providers and active Children’s Services cases. Assists RAP Back Coordinator with clearances of potential PCSA caregivers and updates Instant Notification database. Assesses homes for KPI caregiver changes of address per OAC requirements.
- Provides oversight and administration of consumer vouchers and bus cards; processes requests for vouchers, distributes, tracks, monitors and reports expenditures; oversees requests and distribution of bus cards; tracks and monitors expenditures;. Processes birth certificate requests; processes payments associated with birth certificates, maintains birth certificate request database. Ensures storage of original birth certificates and maintains document imaging of birth certificates
- Performs a variety of specialized clerical functions requiring interpretive and decision makings skills; maintains basic knowledge of all programs and services offered by the agency; represents agency in lobby (waiting area) locations, accepts applications, forms and receipts, refers and assists consumers to the proper location or staff person in the agency; schedules internal visitation rooms; assists with mandated reporter letters, case files, case plan copies, mail, dependency and administrative order notices; fingerprints clients for Children’s Services; and supply and form maintenance and ordering.
- Manages annual photo process and storage for children in agency custody; develops tracking and reporting system for oversight of this process.
- Works on special projects assigned by supervisor. Produces and/or works various reports as needed.
- Attends necessary approved training as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.