Information Technology Network Engineer II
Pay Range: $80,678.00 - $112,947.00/year, based on qualifications and experience*
Work calendar days: 260
Duration of position: Ongoing
Benefits include: (refer to eligibility chart to determine) Health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, PERA retirement, paid time off, short and long term disability, as well as other optional benefit elections.
Additional information: The Network Engineer II position with Poudre School District is a year round, full time, contract (260 days).
*Pay rates/salary is determined based on qualifications and experience relevant to the job description requirements. Full pay range may be found on the appropriate salary schedule. Employees hired new into a position are rarely qualified to receive maximum of the pay range.
Position is open until filled
SUMMARY: Responsible for evaluating, designing, implementing, and maintaining the data networks and technologies that protect the District’s network infrastructure including LAN/WAN interfacing, network security, network performance, and all components of a secure, enterprise network infrastructure. Develops and provides technical leadership ensuring secure access to information across the enterprise with significant technical risk. Interacts on a regular basis with other functional groups and customers on technical and/or administrative matters. Leads in the formation of project goals, scope and schedule.
Description of Job Tasks
1. Implement and maintain systems to monitor network performance and security.
2. Engineering of enterprise data, voice and video networks to follow industry best practices for safeguarding PSD data, system functionality and performance needs.
3. Assist in the development, configuration, implementation and maintenance of information security products, policies, programs, standards, procedures and controls.
4. Implement and configure network routers, switches, and wireless access points.
5. Implement and maintain firewalls, virtual private networks (VPN) gateways, intrusion prevention/detection, cyber risk mediation, vulnerability management and incident detection and response processes.
6. Work with vendors, clients, carriers and technical staff on network implementation, optimization and ongoing management.
7. Design new networks and network upgrades including LANs, MANs, WANs, WLANs, and Internet connections.
8. Provide guidance and advice on network expansion.
9. Train staff and users on the use of various network applications and systems.
10. Maintain documentation of all related systems.
11. Create and maintain procedures for use by IT staff and users.
12. Lead, manage and prioritize assigned projects, actively participate on project teams and contribute to overall project team objectives; provide expertise, document processes. Track and manage changes.
13. Attend work and arrive in a timely manner.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE: • Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field • Seven years of experience in a related field • Equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS: • Valid Colorado driver’s license • Industry and vendor certifications a plus • Certified Cisco Network Associate (CCNA) preferred • Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) preferred • Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) preferred • Criminal background check required for hire
Questions regarding this posting can be directed to email@example.com