Supervising Engineer (2 openings)
Supervising Engineer positions available to lead a talented team of engineers and designers. Power Delivery and Asset Management is responsible for transmission substation engineering solutions ranging from green field substations to asset replacements and field support for technicians. As a supervising engineer you will lead this team and work closely with other departments such as Project Management, Tech Systems, Operations, and Compliance. Minnesota Power has stated goals of coal free by 2035 and carbon free by 2050. Reaching those goals will require transmission solutions and a renewed focus on our asset management program. Join us at an exciting time as our team develops solutions to execute our clean energy strategy.
- Provides supervisory leadership and direction for engineering staff in area of expertise to assure application of sound engineering practices in a cost-effective manner to enhance customer operations, maintain reliability of systems and safety for MP employees and the public.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills required to establish and maintain positive working relationships inside and outside Company.
- Promotes positive change in Minnesota Power business strategy through achievement of customer specific objectives and technological innovation.
- Provide work assignments to staff by considering current workload and getting input from other departments to establish priority.
- Ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and according to engineering design and specifications.
- Provide feedback to staff both formally and informally to encourage and aid in professional development.
- Electrical Engineering bachelor’s degree from ABET accredited university required
- Eight years or more related engineering experience required
- A Master's degree in engineering may be equivalent for up to one year of related experience
- Previous supervisory and budgetary experience is preferred.
- Professional Engineer License required
- A valid driver’s license is preferred as travel may be required dependent upon positon responsibility.
- Demonstrated performance at a Senior Engineer level plus demonstrated leadership skills and abilities.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.