Facilities Summer Intern - Temporary
Essential Job Functions
$12.56 - $15.00 Hourly
Hourly rate to be commensurate with qualifications
Assists with a variety of entry-level maintenance functions associated with HVAC, plumbing, and architecture for El Paso County Facilities and Strategic Infrastructure Management (FSIM) Department.
- Completes rotational internship program to include assisting with, shadowing, and performing maintenance functions in the areas of HVAC, plumbing, and architecture and other related crafts under direct supervision.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Current high school student or graduate from current high school year required; completed or in-progress vocational training classes preferred.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazard and safety precautions applicable to accomplishing facility maintenance and repair.
- Ability to carry out assignments in accordance with instructions and established procedures.
- Skill in the care and use of tools and equipment commonly used in building maintenance.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Must pass conditional post offer background investigation, drug screen, and physical examination.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors and requires the ability to perform laboring tasks in adverse weather and/or environmental conditions. Position involves extensive standing, bending, reaching, and kneeling. Must be able to safely lift and carry up to 50 lbs. This is a temporary position typically not to exceed five (5) months.