Talent Sourcing & Communications Strategist
Open Date: March 30, 2022
Close Date: May 15, 2022
Fermilab is America’s premier laboratory for particle physics and accelerator research, funded by the U.S. Department of Energy. We support discovery science experiments in Illinois and at locations around the world, including deep underground mines in South Dakota and Canada, mountaintops in Arizona and Chile, and the South Pole.
We are strategic risk takers, innovators and collaborators. We are engineers, scientists, technicians, administrative professionals. We are 1,800 employees advancing knowledge for the benefit of humankind. Fermilab has been at the forefront of particle physics for more than 40 years. We build world-leading accelerators and detectors to conduct some of the most advanced particle physics experiments possible. We collect and analyze the data from those experiments with some of the most powerful computers in the world. We conduct this research on a 6,800-acre prairie, 35 miles outside Chicago, a treasure that has been designated a National Environmental Research Park.
The Talent Acquisition group within Human Resources is seeking a Talent Sourcing & Communications Strategist to join our dynamic team of recruiters in a unique, hybrid role that utilizes a background in recruiting, sourcing, talent acquisition and/or social media marketing. This position is tasked with marketing a wide range of scientific, engineering and business operations positions to attract a diverse applicant pool and to minimize the time to fill vacancies.
The day-to-day responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Lead, plan and implement a recruitment marketing and employer branding strategy to attract high-quality applicants.
- Plan and manage recruitment media campaigns.
- Create, track, measure, and report on campaign results through analysis to improve Fermilab’s presence and mission.
- Collaborate with media teams to create, implement, and monitor social media campaigns to meet outlined strategy and business goals.
- Identify and engage passive talent to keep building Fermilab’s various teams across a multi-discipline organization. Ensure a high level of ATS (Workday Recruiting) data integrity.
- Track/report candidate pipelines, recruiting funnel metrics, and performance data to internal stakeholders.
- Utilize LinkedIn Recruiting to data-mine passive talent and market current roles to individuals globally.
- Operate as a recruiter on a few roles as needed
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve existing processes and/or implement new ones.
- Primary recruiter for internal conversion/transition positions.
We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Communications or related field
- Committed to effectively contributing to a diverse workforce, and upholding Fermilab’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Experience sourcing passive talent in a variety of industries
- Experience utilizing LinkedIn Recruiter platform
- Required - Experience with a modern ATS. Preferred - Proficiency with Workday Recruiting.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
Onsite work as required.
Relocation will not be offered for this position.
FRA encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted to prevent transmission of COVID-19 and to mitigate against severe illness from infection. Upon employment with FRA, all employees must state their vaccination status. Please note that all vaccination and testing requirements are subject to change. Testing of unvaccinated employees may be required for Fermilab site access, depending on community transmission levels.
Fermilab is an Equal Opportunity Employer and believes a diverse and inclusive environment based on mutual respect is essential to our mission. Fermilab is committed to recruiting and developing the most hardworking people and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, country of birth, geography/postal code, disability, marital status, parental or gestational status, or other non-merit factor.