HR Representative I - Compensation
Performs a variety of functions for Dallas Area Rapid Transit's (DART) Human Resources Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for serving as a human resource liaison and providing guidance and assistance to customers, supervisors and managers based on policies, procedures and guidance issued by the agency.
- Responsibilities includes ensuring Compensation Workday or related workflow systems request are dispersed to the appropriate employees for completion.
- Responsible for creating, tracking and all communications related salary analysis and Interim Pay request.
- Assists with gathering information related to Open Records Request.
- Responsible for creating, tracking and communications related Human Resources related documentation.
- Responsible for Scanning and uploading all Compensation related documentation.
- Responsible for all agency and external survey request.
- Assists in the development, implementation and editing of Compensation related Standard Operating Procedures in conjunction with the Subject Manner Experts.
- Reconciles and audits various Human Resource data to ensure compliance and control measures are maintained.
- Assist employees with Performance Management Plans questions or issues.
- Responsible for reporting in assigned areas including trends and process improvements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Associates degree from an accredited college/university in Business Administration, with an emphasis in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, or related field.
- Two (2) years progressively responsible experience in a Human Resources or related environment to include experience with one of the following HR suites (Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Learning and organizational development, Finance, Compensation or Human Information Systems or related field) with Knowledge of Human Resource principles and practices; federal, state and local rules and regulations (Customer Service experience dealing with escalated employee issues Preferred).
- Proficiency with personal computer (PC) and Microsoft suite of products which include but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Forms, Workday, and Lawson.
- Ability to demonstrate a fiduciary obligation to section, division, department, and DART in handling materials and information of a confidential nature.
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Ability to use his/her time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others. Can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Ability to be action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning. Seizes more opportunities than others.
- Ability to reconcile and audit data to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Can see hidden problems. Is excellent at honest analysis. Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
- Ability to be able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Ability to pick up on technical issues and is open to learn new skills and knowledge.
Reports to Compensation Manager *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V