Income Maintenance Technician II/III
Essential Job Functions
Bilingual proficiency in Spanish and English preferred.
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications
Salary Range: $32,600.00 - $47,240.00 Annually
Typical Hiring Range: $36,964.58 - $38,812.80 Annually
Salary Range: $36,400.00 - $52,900.00 Annually
Typical Hiring Range: $40,414.65 - $42,435.38 Annually
El Paso County Benefits
- Work-Life Balance
- 12 vacation days (96 hours, accrued per pay period) annually
- 3 personal days (24 hours) annually
- Hired 1/1-4/30, 3 days (24 hours)
- Hired 5/1-8/31, 2 days (16 hours)
- Hired, 9/1-11/30, 1 day (8 hours)
- 12 sick days (96 hours) annually
- 11 holidays annually
- Employee Fitness Centers
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (click here for more information)
- 2 Onsite Health Centers
- Retirement plan (click here for more information)
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
Determines initial and/or ongoing eligibility for a variety of benefit programs including but not limited to Health First Colorado [formerly Medicaid], Colorado Child Care Assistance, Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program [formerly Food Stamps], Colorado Works, Adult Financial and Long Term Care. This position is part of the Income Maintenance Technician career progression series, which includes Income Maintenance Technician II and Income Maintenance Technician III. An employee is eligible to advance to the next position within the series when the employee has met the criteria for advancement as notated within the job description and has received a recommendation from the Hiring Authority.
- Interviews applicants/clients and assists them in understanding and completing all required eligibility paperwork.
- Verifies program and services eligibility factors by retrieving or confirming information from a variety of sources.
- Performs eligibility computations based upon client-provided and collateral information; determines applicability of work registration requirements.
- Conducts client customer service reviews.
- Reviews cases for accuracy and completeness.
- Investigates and computes possible issuance errors; creates reports concerning circumstances, establishes claims and restores lost benefits.
- Responds to client requests for appeals or administrative hearings, composes rebuttal letters and attends hearings.
- Provides clients with information and referrals to community support services, child care assistance and other available resources to help facilitate a comprehensive solution to the client's circumstances.
- Answers the Customer Service Line (CSL) and/or consumer inquiries to assist with changes and questions about our services as needed.
- Participates in internal committees, training, workshops and seminars.
- Assists with unassigned caseloads as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- To qualify for an Income Maintenance Technician II:
- Minimum two (2) years full time work experience to include customer service, clerical and/or administrative work required. Associate's or Bachelor's degree may substitute for the required experience.
- To qualify for an Income Maintenance Technician III:
- Minimum three (3) years full time work experience to include customer service, clerical and/or administrative work required. Bachelor's degree may substitute for the required experience; Associate's degree may substitute for two (2) years of the required experience.
- Minimum one (1) year experience determining eligibility for public assistance in a social services agency required.
- To qualify for Income Maintenance Technician at any level:
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- Working knowledge of public assistance rules, regulations and procedures helpful.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with co-workers, other DHS personnel, clients, other agencies and the public.
- Ability to effectively plan, schedule, organize and assess situations to make prudent and appropriate decisions.
- Ability to provide conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Ability to use standard office equipment including computer, fax machine, copier and telephone.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Must pass conditional post offer background investigation and drug screen.
Work is primarily performed in a high volume office and/or remote work environment dependent on business needs. May be required to work evening and weekend hours.