General Music Teacher
Instructs students in the appropriate district curriculum, creates a positive and effective learning environment for all students, and provides strong academic, social, physical, and emotional growth for all students.
Location: This is a split position between Salcha Elementary School and Two Rivers Elementary School.
School Year: 2022-2023
Salary: Determined by the FEA Negotiated Agreement (2021-2022 Salary Schedule).
Contract Length: Minimum of 184 Days
The following are required:
- Hold a valid State of Alaska Initial, Professional, or Master teaching certificate with a music endorsement.
- Working knowledge of the voice at the elementary school level.
- Sing unselfconsciously to illustrate and to demonstrate correct techniques, corrective measures, and musical expressiveness.
- Conduct music accurately and expressively with confidence.
- Play textbook and/or chordal accompaniments on the piano, autoharp, and/or guitar.
- Knowledge of Orff and Kodaly approaches sufficient to incorporate the appropriate elements into an eclectic instructional program.
- Knowledge of child development at each level of instruction, with special attention to motor skills.
- Know several approaches of how to present a song at each grade level and the concepts which can be taught through the song.
- Working knowledge of basic classroom rhythm instruments.
- Strong professional interest in elementary classroom music as a teaching assignment.
- A strong professional interest and competence in working with upper and lower elementary students.
- Strong personal musicianship.
- Has functional piano proficiency.
- If school has a special education program, the applicant should have a working knowledge of children with special educational needs.
Click here for further information and to apply!
Closing date: 05/15/2022 NOTE: Unless otherwise stated, all vacancies with a specific closing date close at 9:00pm Alaska Time.
External applicants are required to submit an application, cover letter, resume, and transcripts, if applicable, to be considered