Job Title: Repayment Specialist
Department: Department of the Interior
Agency: Bureau of Reclamation
OPEN PERIOD: May 13 through 27, 2022
$47,740 to $86,074 per year
GRADE: GS 7 - 11 SERIES: 1101 General Business and Industry
POSITION INFORMATION: Full-Time
Number of Positions to be filled: 1
JOB SUMMARY: Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on their expertise as a Repayment Specialist. Make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
- Prepare and review annual and periodic information for reimbursement.
- Collect supporting data and background information such as agricultural, water use, land use, and economic data to compile statistical reports relating to irrigation, municipal and industries developments, and operations under the jurisdiction of the Nebraska-Kansas Area Office (NKAO).
- Process payments for replacement costs and for billing water contractors for such costs as appropriate.
- Formulate basic contract terms and conditions for contracts such as new repayment contracts, long-term water service contracts, temporary water service contracts, and amendments to existing contracts.
- Processes payments for special use permits, grazing lease agreements, and advances for environmental assessment documents, contract negotiations, and other such actions requiring advance funding for Reclamation's services
- Develop and maintain relationships with Reclamation offices and other Federal, State and local agencies, private industry, and the general public.
Job Announcement Links:
BOR-MB-22-DE-11496701-JM All U.S. Citizens and Nationals and current Federal employees serving under an excepted service appointment.
BOR-MB-22-MP-11496702-JM Current Federal employees serving under career/career-conditional appointment in the competitive service; former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility; CTAP/ICTAP eligibles; Veterans Employment Opportunities Act; Veterans Recruitment Appointment; 30% or More Disabled Veterans; Military Spouses under Executive Order 13832; Individuals with Disabilities; eligible Peace Corps or AmeriCorps volunteers; Public Land Corps eligibles & Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act eligibles.
To ensure compliance with an applicable nationwide preliminary injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Therefore, to the extent a federal job announcement includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to Executive Order 14043, that requirement does not currently apply. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.