Gift Shop Associate
Service is at the heart of what we do, and we take pride in delivering outstanding customer service and providing a safe, clean, and welcoming environment for our patients. Apply now to join our team as an Associate, Gift Shop and kick start your career!
Are you an engaging, enthusiastic and hardworking individual who wants to be part of a team that positively impacts the day of many patients?
The Gift Shop at 1275 York Avenue is looking for dynamic talent with a focus on hospitality. You will perform a variety of functions to ensure outstanding service to patients, staff, and visitors in the hospital:
- Set up, maintain, and break down Gift Shop unit including equipment, merchandise, utensils, supplies, and food items, so that unit is ready for optimal Retail Services.
- Prepare and merchandise approved food items to patrons adhering to established departmental and unit guidelines.
- Transact Gift Shop purchases utilizing POS system.
- Follows established safety precautions and sanitation procedures.
- Committed to living our mission and values
- Motivated to provide extraordinary customer service
- Eager to take action and pursue new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- A good decision maker, with shown success in making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Previous customer service experience in a retail/hospitality setting
This is a Part-time position(25-30 hours a week) and your hours might shift weekly, including weekends and holidays. The current Gift Shop operating hours are:
- Monday to Friday, 6:30 am - 8:00 pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
Our Hiring Process
You review the posting, agree it sounds like an excellent fit & apply ->Talent Acquisition contacts you to schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns) -> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to a video call or on-site visit with the team -> post-interview feedback->ideally an offer!
- >reference check & onboarding-> orientation & official welcome to MSK.
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time |Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel| Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care|403b Retirement Savings Plan Match|Tuition Reimbursement |Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance |Commuter Spending Account |Fitness Discounts &Wellness Program | Resource Networks| Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, willingness, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.