Paraprofessional Instructional K-12 - Cache La Poudre Elementary
Information specific to this position: Two positions available. These position will begin with the 2022/23 school year. Must be fluent in both English and Spanish. Will be working with primary grades.
Pay Range: $16.50 - $18.48 (min – 12% above min)/hr*
Work calendar days: 185
Duration of position: Ongoing
Benefits include: Health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, PERA retirement, paid time off, short and long term disability, as well as other optional benefit elections.
SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting the classroom teacher with implementing instruction and/or reinforcing learning skills in one-on-one, small, and/or large student groups. Assist with preparing classroom materials, administering tests, grading, taking attendance, completing paperwork, maintaining files, documenting student achievement, and/or monitoring students.
Description of Job Tasks
1. Assist the classroom teacher with implementing instruction and reinforcing learning skills in one-on-one, small, and/or large student groups. Implement and support the teacher’s instruction plan.
2. Assist teacher in preparing classroom materials, administering tests, grading, taking attendance, completing paperwork, maintaining files, and/or documenting student achievement.
3. Monitor students in classroom and during breaks, lunch, recess, time outs, on field trips, getting on and off the bus, etc. Reinforce school-wide discipline procedures.
4. Attend work and arrive in a timely manner.
5. Assist teacher and/or administration with special projects.
6. Attend appropriate in-services, building meetings, training, IEP meetings, parent conferences, and/or school functions.
7. Administer state testing (TCAP) in small groups.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• One year of related experience
• Experience working with students in a school setting preferred
• Equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire
Questions regarding this posting can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org