Civil Engineer (Remedial Project Manager) - R3
These positions are in Region 3, Office of the Regional Administrator, Superfund and Emergency Management Division, Site Remediation Branch.
If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
About: Region 3.
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Apply civil engineering principals to serve as a consultant for remedial cleanup activities;
- Direct contractual work efforts in cases where the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) must assume the cleanup duties to assure that federal funds are properly expended and that contractors are utilized effectively and efficiently;
- Provide oversight and advice during cleanup project design and construction phases;
- Participate in or monitor enforcement activities;
- Perform community relations activities within a public forum.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses. NOTE: Career ladder promotions are not automatic, and all eligibility and qualifications requirements must be met in order to progress to the next grade level.
You will spend 25-50% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.
One or more positions may be filled (in the organization advertised and/or in other organizations).