Advanced Apprentice or Journey Level Lineworker - 4574
This applicant pool may be used to fill additional openings within 90 days of the posting close date.
- Installs, removes and maintains electrical lines, equipment and fiber optic cable by efficient and safe operation of various pieces of heavy equipment and specialized tools.
- Coordinates line work activities with various departments, contractors and the general public.
- Restores electrical service by trouble shooting electrical lines and equipment.
- Minimizes outage duration by effectively diagnosing problems and planning/implementing restoration activities.
- During the normal work day, occasionally works without direct supervision.
- May be the first to respond to trouble calls or outages, requiring development of appropriate response and safeguarding of the public.
- Required to work effectively and courteously with and around the public at all times regardless of conditions.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills required to develop and maintain positive working relationships.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- External candidates must have completed a Technical College Lineworker Training Program.
- Internal candidates must have completed either the Technical College Lineworker Training Program or prior completion of Lineworker pre-requisites.
*Level to be determined based on experience and qualifications*
- Advanced Apprentice Level: Two years or more direct experience as a lineworker.
- Journey Level: Four years or more direct experience as a lineworker.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class A Commercial Driver's License.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.
Approved for the GI Bill ®. GI BIll ® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/