Health Policy Analyst
At CMS, we believe that at the core of our organization are the employees that carry out the Agency’s vision of advancing health equity, expanding coverage, and improving health outcomes.
About the role:
As a Health Policy Analyst (Health Insurance Specialist on USAJOBS), you will lead and perform work related to data use agreements for entities requesting CMS data.
$106,823 - $138,868 per year
What you'll do:
- Provide advice and assistance to Group/Division leadership on process methodologies pertaining to national health insurance programs.
- Conduct analysis of policy issues and topics, researches background information, the origin of laws, and the intended impact in order to make effective policy recommendations.
- Provide recommendations to the Director, which are regarded as technically sound, to achieve program/project optimization based on the analysis and studies that have been conducted.
Experience we're looking for:
1) Leads the process in evaluating and approving requests as allowed by the Privacy Act of 1974 and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy Rule
2) Makes recommendations using analyses that are used to improve the long-range health insurance program resources and operations.
You MUST apply through USAJOBS to be considered for this position.
Come see why over 6,000 employees say CMS is their employer of choice! In addition to dynamic and exciting opportunities, CMS offers generous compensation and benefits programs, an outstanding work-life balance, and most important, the opportunity to give back to your community, state and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. For more information about careers at CMS, visit: https://go.cms.gov/Careers
Apply by 8/07/22!