EDGE, Engineer in Training Program - January 2023
Program Start Date: January 2023
Location: Initial training takes place in Mayfield Heights, Ohio. Depending on role after training, there is an opportunity to move within the US. (relocation assistance is provided for those that qualify)
Are you looking for a role that allows you to be on the front lines of supporting our customers every day? Looking for a role where you can become a subject matter expert in certain technologies? Are you looking to work with different customers, industries, and applications on a daily or weekly basis? You can do this all at a company that is helping make the world work better and people work smarter. Rockwell Automation looking for bright minds to join us in making that happen — the makers, the forward thinkers, and the problem solvers.
The Engineer In Training (EIT) program is an entry-level program for engineers to learn core Rockwell Automation product technologies and to develop fundamental engineering skills to support our customers. The program includes a combination of formal classroom training and work assignments to give engineers hands-on experience with Rockwell Automation's products and technologies. Training focuses on both technical and leadership competencies. Program participants will have a high level of interaction with Rockwell Automation's leaders and will receive many opportunities to build their professional network.
This training program will prepare you for a career for one of the following paths:
- Support Engineer: You help provide assistance both remotely and onsite to help troubleshoot customer issues, perform on-site installation, start up and commissioning support, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnostics, troubleshooting, service, and repair equipment. Travel as required to cover assigned region. Accessible during off hours, weekends and holidays.
- Network and Server Remote Support Engineer: This position focuses heavily on Rockwell Automation Communication / Network and Cisco products and technologies. Technical expertise for Ethernet infrastructure support and will be instrumental in bridging the industrial and information networking paradigms. Provides troubleshooting assistance remotely.
- Network Engineer: Provide on-site technical support, network evaluations and implementation of Networks Solutions, Security Solutions, or Virtualization Solutions. This role can travel up to 50% of the time.
- Control Engineer: This position develops into being responsible for the design and implementation of systems - working in a project team environment, supporting the project throughout the life cycle for a specific vertical industry. This role can travel up to 50% of the time.
Join us as we tackle the challenges that require problem solvers who can adapt and push boundaries. It requires persistence, curiosity and an approach to innovation that’s constantly evolving.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s from an accredited four year college or university
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Previous relevant experience in an Internship/Co-Op
- Prior experience utilizing programmable controllers, numerical controls, computers or motor controls and drives in industrial automation control systems is strongly preferred
- Critical thinking and problem-solving mindset
- Experience and desire to deliver high-quality customer service
- Possess a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Willing to travel
- Geographically flexible; relocation is an essential part of the program.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7247.