Program Administrator - Housing
What You Will Do
- Plans, directs, administers, analyzes and coordinates major programs within a Service Area of the Department of Human Services. Leads the development and implementation of division policies, procedures and staffing plans. Interviews, hires, trains, supervise and evaluates Unit Supervisors through individual meetings, management team meetings, and annual performance evaluations. Delegates daily workflow issued to subordinate staff and reorganizes staff through changes in structure as program emphasis changes.
- Provides direction, monitoring and supervision of staff to complete program functions and continuous communication with the director on program and/or policy issues or areas of need.
- Maintains compliance of federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations pertaining to Human Services while coordinating quality control efforts to assure that program integrity is maintained. Ensures staff is appropriately informed of rule/policy changes and programmatic objectives both verbally and in writing.
- Develops performance standards; oversees performance management including recognition, coaching, conflict resolution, mediation, and disciplinary actions; fosters a positive and strength-based work environment for employees, clients, and program partners. Provides regular supervisory meetings, case consultation, and problem resolution for employees.
- Represents the Department and Pueblo County through participation in various local and state boards, commissions and committees related to program activities and responsibilities; attends and participates in state meetings.
- Manages division staff that provides services to multi-problem families involving highly emotional situations and issues; oversees service delivery and problem resolution.