ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY THROUGH USAJOBS.GOV
You will serve as a Pathways Intern under the Pathways Internship Program. Under the direct supervision of a higher graded staff member, you will be implementing sound operating procedures, maintaining an electronic administrative record, drafting correspondence, reviewing financial statements, and other administrative tasks.
Being a civilian working for the Coast Guard makes you a valuable team member. Typical duties include:
- Learning how to manage the process of evaluating NRD claims submitted to the NPFC for compensation from the Oil Spill Liability Trust Fund (OSLTF).
- Entering claim data into online systems.
- Uploading claim documents to support a complete administrative record.
- Preparing graphs, charts, spreadsheets, etc. using available technology (e.g., SharePoint, Power BI, Dynamics, etc.)
- Reviewing training materials produced by the NPFC and other Trustee agencies, such as the NOAA, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, etc.