Electronic Duplicating System Technician, 712171400
- Operates a front-end microcomputer or computer workstation to receive and convert customer data (text and graphics) into formats suitable for production runs on an electronic duplicating system
- Sets up and operates large, high-speed electrostatic copier/duplicators consisting of an electronic control center and on-line automatically controlled stapler and sorter to reproduce multiple copies of forms, notices, instruction manuals and textbooks, circular, pamphlets and other similar types of materials
- Scans and inserts hardcopy or previously stored images into customer documents according to customer specifications using network-based image capture and retrieval systems.
- Operates smaller bindery machines such as envelope sealers, tying machines, and plastic binding equipment and shrink-wrap machine
- Utilizes network software to capture and/or merge data/information originated with a wide variety of word processing, graphics, and desktop publishing software packages.
- Provides on-the-job guidance and/or written procedures to lower-graded operators.
- Maintains records of work completed, insures production units are recorded for billing, and notifies supervisor/lead/CRS of job completion