Summer 2023 Internship | Inventory Intern
Summer 2023 Internship | Inventory Intern
2023 Summer Internship | Inventory
School Year: May 2023
Dates of the Internship: June 1st, 2023 – August 4th, 2023
Format and Location: Hybrid, Lincolnshire, IL
Camping World is looking for an Inventory intern for the summer of 2023 to work closely with all aspects of our Inventory department. As an intern, you will assist with the daily operations and gain a first-hand experience in the department. We are looking for someone who is driven and who wants to be immersed in a real-world experience. If you are eager to learn, have a strong interest in inventory management and want to further develop yourself as a professional; this is the ideal role for you. This role is a full-time, paid, ten-week internship that will offer a great opportunity to work alongside professionals in your desired field.
- Engaging in a variety of tasks relating to aspects of supply chain management specifically and data analysis and management more generally. Some flexibility in focusing on either business analytics or data science.
- Analysis of trends, patterns, and metrics for sales, pricing, stocking levels; data entry and reconciliation.
- Analysis of product categorization and classification.
- Researching product history and evaluating data sources.
- Normalizing and organizing product data and digits assets, including specifications, photos, diagrams, brochures, pdfs, etc.
- Maintain and update inventory records; create reports of materials, equipment, merchandise, or supplies in stock.
- Assist Inventory department with the development and improvement of inventory management policies and procedures.
- Update inventory records, researching for inventory data, and matching product keys.
- Take on individual special projects as needed to enhance your knowledge and skills in Inventory management.
- Work with the Inventory department and other departments as an adequate team member.
- In Pursuit of or a recent graduate with a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Computer Science or a closely related field
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Experience working with a variety of data sources, including Excel, csv, PowerBI, and SQL.
- Sufficient knowledge of Microsoft Office: Suite: (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), including introductory PowerQuery
- Strong business analysis, data interpreting, and project management skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor and strict confidentiality of company information
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth environment with the ability to multitask and keen attention to detail
- Strong work ethic with sense of urgency to resolve issues promptly
Camping World is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, veteran or uniformed service-member status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
About Camping World
Camping World Holdings, Inc., headquartered in Lincolnshire, IL, (together with its subsidiaries) is America’s largest retailer of RVs and related products and services. Our vision is to build a long-term legacy business that makes RVing fun and easy, and our Camping World and Good Sam brands have been serving RV consumers since 1966.
We strive to build long-term value for our customers, employees, and shareholders by combining a unique and comprehensive assortment of RV products and services with a national network of RV dealerships, service centers and customer support centers along with the industry’s most extensive online presence and a highly trained and knowledgeable team of employees serving our customers, the RV lifestyle, and the communities in which we operate. We also believe that our Good Sam organization and family of programs and services uniquely enable us to connect with our customers as stewards of the RV enthusiast community and the RV lifestyle. With RV sales and service locations in 42 states, Camping World has grown to become the prime destinations for everything RV.