Real Estate Inventory Analyst - Atlanta, GA
Location: Atlanta, GA, US, 30308
Company: Norfolk Southern Corp.
Requisition: B3 Engineer Real Estate
Responsible for maintaining and updating track mileage/classification information used for public reporting purposes required by regulatory agencies such as the SEC and STB. Additionally provides track data for reports prepared by other departments and is required information for individual NS state tax returns. This role will also assist in the development of information in support of property acquisitions and conveyances, special assessment dispute resolution, boundary issues, and GIS property records management.
• Maintain track mileage information used for public reporting purposes, ensuring accuracy and completeness of data.
• Prepare mileage totals for quarterly SEC 10Q reports throughout the year and annual year-end track mileage summaries that appear in reports and schedules prepared by others.
• Account for all NS track additions and removals, gathering information from a variety of sources.
• Handle special mileage requests from customers in various NS departments.
• Ensure compliance with regulatory agencies such as the SEC and STB and provide accurate data for individual NS state tax returns.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with data sources and customers.
• Apply meticulous attention to detail and accuracy to ensure that the information provided contains no errors.
• Protects NS interest in real estate property and operating right of way.
• Use Geographical Information System (GIS) tools to support Real Estate Engineering
• Maintain geospatial data for track and land assets using GIS software.
• Conduct spatial analyses to support business decisions and planning using GIS software.
• Assist in resolving boundary line disputes, encroachments, and other property matters.
• Assist in the preparation of plats, surveys, and descriptions of property to be sold, leased, acquired, or in dispute.
Job Related Experience:
Minimum Level: Not specified
Preferred Level: 4-6 years
Preferred Level: Bachelor's Degree (BS)
• Engineering (General)
• Geospatial Sciences
Licenses / Certifications:
Required: None listed
Preferred: None Listed
• Microsoft Office Suite (including Access)
• Knowledge of, or Ability to learn, ESRI ARCGIS
• Knowledge of, or Ability to learn, Computer Aided Design
Skills and Abilities:
• Analytical Thinking
• Communication Skills
• Carefulness with Details
• Map interpretation
• Engineering Plan interpretation
Environment: Office (2 days in-person, 3 days remote at this time)
Weekend Work: No
Travel Required: 0 - 2 Days per Month
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) is a Fortune 300 organization and one of the nation’s premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway Company subsidiary operates approximately 19,500 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers. Norfolk Southern is a major transporter of industrial products, including chemicals, agriculture, and metals and construction materials. In addition, the railroad operates the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a principal carrier of coal, automobiles, and automotive parts.
At Norfolk Southern, we believe in celebrating our individuality. By leveraging the unique backgrounds and viewpoints of our employees, we can create a culture of innovation, respect, and inclusion. We know that employees thrive in a workplace where differing viewpoints, ideas, and experiences are freely shared and valued. As such, we encourage all employees to contribute their distinctive skills and capabilities to our organization.
Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Together, we power progress.