Biological Science Technician
This position is located within the Agricultural Research Service; Plains Area; Field Organization; Peanuts and Small Grain Research Unit; Stillwater, OK.
In this position you will, participate in one or more phases of the research process by performing a variety of complex technical duties, in a laboratory, field, or greenhouse environment, common to insect or plant research.
Apply Here: USAJOBS - Job Announcement
- Collects, prepares, evaluates, and verifies plant or insect samples and supporting records.
- Maintains inventory of chemicals, stock solutions, etc., prepares solutions and reagents for use in the laboratory, field, or greenhouse, and safely disposes of waste material (both chemical and biological).
- Contributes ideas towards the planning and sequencing of the technical aspects of plant or insect research.
- Searches for literature pertinent to plant or insect for new procedures or techniques to use in the laboratory, field, or greenhouse.
- Performs the full range of techniques and studies using a variety of specialized equipment.
- Maintains, calibrates, and modifies complex/specialized equipment and automated systems used for test and evaluation procedures.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of one-year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit E-Verify at https://www.e-verify.gov/
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including specialized experience and/or education, as defined below.
GS-05: Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study above the high school level leading to a bachelor's degree with major study or at least 24 semester hours in any combination of courses such as biology, chemistry, statistics, entomology, animal husbandry, botany, physics, agriculture, or mathematics. At least 6 semester hours of courses must have been directly related to the position. Related courses may include. Related courses may include plant science, animal science and zoology.
GS-06: One full year of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's or equivalent graduate degree, if directly related. Related courses may include plant science, entomology, and zoology.